ACS NY Facility Information
AAR Aircraft Component Services – NY is now notifying employees via CELL PHONE TEXT on the status of the facility in the event of a storm or emergency. Provide your cell phone number to be part of this system or communicate with a co-worker who is part of this notification system.In the event of a future storm, please check your CELL PHONE for a TEXT on updated facility OPENING/START-TIME/CLOSING Information.
***DRIVE SAFELY IN CASE OF ICE & SNOW ON THE ROADS***
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW:
1) IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY (i.e.-Snow, Flood, Hurricane, etc.) YOU CAN WATCH YOUR CELL PHONE FOR A TEXT UPDATE OR COMMUNICATE WITH A CO-WORKER WHO HAS SIGNED UP FOR THE TEXTS.
2) USE GOOD JUDGEMENT IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO OBTAIN THE FACILITY STATUS. IF THE SITUATION SEEMS TO BE UNSAFE, REMAIN AT HOME OR TRAVEL WHEN THE CONDITIONS IMPROVE.
3) IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO ESTABLISH A LIST OF THE PHONE NUMBERS OF YOUR CO-WORKERS AND YOUR SUPERVISORS AS A BACK-UP.
4) It is AAR's policy to pay employees for hours worked. If a facility closure occurs, employees will be paid only for those hours worked.
5) AAR will try to minimize the impact of an emergency closure by utilizing the time an employee has available from other benefits such as vacation or personal days in order to be paid for the hours missed. If no time is available, an excused unpaid day can be taken.
6) If you have any questions about the policy and how it may affect you, please contact Human Resources when you return to work.